Colds and flu

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Graffogefarms, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    Anyone got any ideas on how to shake this thing - been coughing, sweating (choking) for a week or two. I know I need three good days resting with no stress no running around - LOL - With 4 children, all the goats, and work, thats a laugh. Seriously, I have myself plastered with Vicks, wrapped in a comforter and watching tv on couch. Had a bad coughing choking this morning and got rid of a lot of the nasty stuff. Anyone with any ideas o how to get this done - waiting for Mama to kid here as well, she was due yesterday 19th, but I think its going to be Tuesday or Wednesday. Looking at a counter full of dirty dishes to be washed, and a table to be cleaned as well ! Joy of parenting! Im blaming the lack of goats milk over the christmas holidays - all the shops were sold out - !

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I take a vitamin powder called Emergen-C that you mix in a very small amount of water and chug it. I do that 4-6 times a day when I am sick and then I take dayquil during the day - and Nyquil at night and pass out. I also try to keep as many blankets on me as possible to sweat it out and break the fever. I had a BAD one last fall and that is what I did!

Hope you get feeling better soon!

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Oh Im so sorry, i was sick all last week. things are still lingering a bit but its mostly gone. Like you said lay low and rest. I went and got some hot tang, good on a sore throat, i carried my vicks vapor rub around with me so i could breathe and it makes good chapstick, just don;t get it on your tounge! I found some medicine at wall mart tylanol sinus severe congestion, it worked wonders for the stuffed up feelingbut you have to keep on top of the pills. Lots of orange juice and water, sometimes a hot rag over your face helps too, the steam will help clear it up.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    beth

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    do you have something called Airborne available to you? I hear that stuff works great. My mom bought it for my brother and he showed good improvement in just a day.

It is a large tablet that you put in a glass of water and it disolves and you drink it.

There are generic brands of it as well all with borne in the name I believe.

Also taking Vitamine C and Zink through out the day (not just in the morning) will aid your bodies system greatly. When sick your body goes through its normal reserves of vitamine C in just 1 hour then you are running on nothing.

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    If you take a clove of garlic(whole raw one) and chew on it, if you can stand it, that is a great anti viral and will really help you.

Get well soon! :)