The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sushi's backside used to be darker like Banana's backside. Now it's lighter and more pink. I'm about 100% sure they're bother pregnant. Just hoping to find out about how far along they are. their due date will tell me what buck bred them.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They could be due either in the next weeks or in march. For the times I had them with each different buck. Hoping for a sooner due date, which would indicate the dairy buck bred them.

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,532 Posts
In my experience, if you feel in their udder area once daily, once you feel it getting a touch fuller (like an orange) you are around the 80-90ish day mark. SO then you can plan for about 2 months later. If they are due in the next few weeks, they should already have a decent size udder started. Otherwise, you aren't going to be able to tell how far along. A blood test will only tell you they are pregnant. But I hand breed my animals and know the exact day they bred and do a blood test so I don't mess with mine much...but around the 3-month mark I usually see little udders starting up.

If they don't kid in the next few weeks, then you know they are due sometime in March.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts