The Goat Spot Forum banner
181 - 200 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
My hubby did some computer magic and now I have access to my pics again!

View attachment 234055
^ This girl on the left is Astrid's mama, Feather. That's her twin brother with her. :love:

---
View attachment 234056
^ This is Hasi, Feather's mama, Astrid's maternal grandmother.

---
View attachment 234057

View attachment 234058
^ This is Kombucha, Feather's sire. He was my first ever buck and the foundation of my entire herd! He's a very tall Mini Nubian. He was almost solid black, with just this bit of reddish brown on his cheeks and reddish brown ears, and a couple of tiny white specks. I would love to know what he is, but I don't have any info on his parents. He threw two red cheek mahogany girls when I bred him to my first doe May, and with Hasi he made whatever Feather and her brother are.
Awesome! Feather is definitely Swiss. Her dam, Hasi, looks to be a Swiss/Cham combo. I don’t see those everyday! Her sire, Kombucha is simply Red Cheek. . I know Kombucha isn’t homozygous for Red Cheek (aka Red Cheek/Red Cheek) because his daughter, Feather, is not Swiss/Red Cheek. She is just Swiss (aka Swiss/No Pattern), since you get one allele from each parent.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
View attachment 234090
View attachment 234094 View attachment 234097
View attachment 234093
View attachment 234092
View attachment 234091
I hope these are helpful. Do you think she is the one throwing the dapples? She has had dappled kids with this buck so I’m wondering if it her!? What would these kids be called I have absolutely no clue
Do you have pictures of the dappled kids? This one is hard to tell because we can only see her head. The rest of her body is covered by the traditional boer pattern.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
I’m curious. What’s the exact difference between Chamoisee, Bezoar, and Carmel?
Here’s a small sample of a pattern chart I’ve been working on. It is a work in progress! The bezoar is a heavily eumelanin shaded example commonly seen in bucks. I have other examples of the variations.

Brown Dog Dog breed Product Cartoon

·
Registered
Kinder Goats
2,786 Posts
Here’s a small sample of a pattern chart I’ve been working on. It is a work in progress! The bezoar is a heavily eumelanin shaded example commonly seen in bucks. I have other examples of the variations.

View attachment 234318
Interesting. Bodhi has a light belly. Is he a Caramel combo then?

·
Registered
A bunch of goats, 1 cow, 1 horse, 1 dog and three cats
998 Posts
Do you have pictures of the dappled kids? This one is hard to tell because we can only see her head. The rest of her body is covered by the traditional boer pattern.
I will try to dig up some pics I don’t know if I have any of the sire tho. Would pics of Hazels parents help?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Interesting. Bodhi has a light belly. Is he a Caramel combo then?
Caramels have quite a variation on the belly coloration. They commonly have black bellies, but they can go without it. He isn’t giving any signs of a combo from what I can tell.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
View attachment 234329
The three small kids are hers. I’m so sorry these pics are so bad and my goats look bad this was a long time ago
View attachment 234330
the one on the left is hers
View attachment 234328
sire of all four kids
How cute! The downside of traditionals is that they can hide spots and dapples under the white pattern. It’s possibly coming from the dam or the sire. If there’s a spotted/dappled grandparent, that’ll give you a better idea of which side it’s coming from.

181 - 200 of 222 Posts