The Goat Spot Forum banner
161 - 180 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·

·
Registered
Raising Nigerian Dwarf goats as backyard milkers.
2,925 Posts
Yes, Chamoisee! You are exactly right.
So I have 4 chams and a gold variation. Lol Looking at the chams they don’t all look the same so it looks like I have more color than I technically do. Lol
Plant Working animal Fawn Terrestrial animal Horn

Plant Cat Carnivore Road surface Dog breed

Plant Dog breed Working animal Grass Fawn

Goat Window Human body Goat-antelope Fawn

This last one is full sister to the buck above her. I remember asking about her color back in Feb/March and you said that she was most likely a Cham since her dam is one and her sire is probably Cham underneath his extensive white.

·
Registered
A bunch of goats, 1 cow, 1 horse, 1 dog and three cats
998 Posts
I was wondering what color my American Nubian is she always has the craziest colored kids no matter what buck she is bred to… like dapples stripe ish patterns and gray. I have no clue what her parents look like even tho she is registered, I don’t know if there would be a way to look them up or something 🤷🏻‍♀️
Goat Working animal Plant Fawn Terrestrial animal

Human body Goat Terrestrial animal Tree Plant

Goat Fawn Terrestrial animal Grass Tail

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Good to know! Would you agree that he's roaned or is that part of the Caramel pattern?
I agree with you on the roaning! It’s so pretty!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
I was wondering what color my American Nubian is she always has the craziest colored kids no matter what buck she is bred to… like dapples stripe ish patterns and gray. I have no clue what her parents look like even tho she is registered, I don’t know if there would be a way to look them up or something View attachment 233998
View attachment 233999
View attachment 233997
I think it’s possible that she’s a very light Bezoar/Buckskin combo. You can post pictures of the bucks she was bred to and the kids she has given to potentially confirm!

·
Registered
I've got a mixed herd of registered Mini Nubians and unregistered Mini Nubian/Alpine/Kiko mixes.
1,348 Posts
Hello! I’m excited to learn what my new girl Astrid’s color is called. Is this yet another form of Cou Clair (I think that’s the one I’m thinking of)?

Here she is:
View attachment 233968

She is mostly Mini Nubian, but her granddam is an Alpine/Kiko mix.

Sire is, if I remember right, some form of Cou Clair with a splash of white. Here he is:
View attachment 233969
I’d be interested to know what he has going on also. His father is here:
https://kesselrundairgoats.com/herd/java

And his mother is here:
You have to scroll down a little to see her. She is Fruitful-Acres London.

I’ve bred him to my Suki, who I’m told is red cheek mahogany, and got some bezoar with white, a Cou Clair, and one guy I’m not sure about lol. I might ask about him later.

Back to Astrid though. Her dam is black with tan markings - I think it’s called Swiss marked? I don’t have her photo on this device. She was from my Hasi (currently my profile pic) and my first buck, who was mostly black with brownish red ears and just a touch of brown on his cheeks.

Hopefully that’s enough info! I’m excited to learn!
Wow! You know so much. This is so cool!

I’m trying and trying to get my computer to come up and run long enough for me to get you proper pictures of Astrid’s dam and her parents, but it’s not cooperating. Hubby says the graphics card is going bad, so it may be a while before I have access to those photos again. 😢

But! Here’s the buckling I was curious about. His name is Koh. Or it was - idk of his new owners renamed him lol. He left last month.

Koh looks a lot like his bezoar siblings and half siblings, except... what’s this dark bit around his shoulders and across his chest? And he has one small grey spot on one side of his neck. 🤨
When he was a baby, I thought he was gonna be a roan, but all the white hairs disappeared when he got a little older. Just haven’t had another one quite like him!

Plant Tree Working animal Goat Fawn

Plant Fence Sheep Tree Working animal

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Wow! You know so much. This is so cool!

I’m trying and trying to get my computer to come up and run long enough for me to get you proper pictures of Astrid’s dam and her parents, but it’s not cooperating. Hubby says the graphics card is going bad, so it may be a while before I have access to those photos again.

But! Here’s the buckling I was curious about. His name is Koh. Or it was - idk of his new owners renamed him lol. He left last month.

Koh looks a lot like his bezoar siblings and half siblings, except... what’s this dark bit around his shoulders and across his chest? And he has one small grey spot on one side of his neck.
When he was a baby, I thought he was gonna be a roan, but all the white hairs disappeared when he got a little older. Just haven’t had another one quite like him!

View attachment 234052

View attachment 234051
He is bezoar through and through! Bezoars, especially males, usually get that shoulder stripe (I forget the name of it). Sometimes they don’t have it when they’re babies, and it appears as they age. It’s likely linked to hormones hence why males tend to get darker while females usually don’t.

·
Registered
I've got a mixed herd of registered Mini Nubians and unregistered Mini Nubian/Alpine/Kiko mixes.
1,348 Posts
My hubby did some computer magic and now I have access to my pics again!

Working animal Terrestrial animal Wood Landscape Snout

^ This girl on the left is Astrid's mama, Feather. That's her twin brother with her. :love:

---
Plant Eye Goat Grass Fawn

^ This is Hasi, Feather's mama, Astrid's maternal grandmother.

---
Working animal Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grass

Bird Tree Working animal Fawn Sheep

^ This is Kombucha, Feather's sire. He was my first ever buck and the foundation of my entire herd! He's a very tall Mini Nubian. He was almost solid black, with just this bit of reddish brown on his cheeks and reddish brown ears, and a couple of tiny white specks. I would love to know what he is, but I don't have any info on his parents. He threw two red cheek mahogany girls when I bred him to my first doe May, and with Hasi he made whatever Feather and her brother are.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
He is bezoar through and through! Bezoars, especially males, usually get that shoulder stripe (I forget the name of it). Sometimes they don’t have it when they’re babies, and it appears as they age. It’s likely linked to hormones hence why males tend to get darker while females usually don’t.
I didn't realize males got a shoulder stripe as they get older. How cool! Koh was the first boy we kept intact, so I guess that's why I never realized, lol. How cool! Maybe that's why Murphy's face turned black too. It was light when he was a baby.

*Edit: Murphy is Astrid's dad - don't think I mentioned his name in the other post.

·
Registered
A bunch of goats, 1 cow, 1 horse, 1 dog and three cats
998 Posts
I think it’s possible that she’s a very light Bezoar/Buckskin combo. You can post pictures of the bucks she was bred to and the kids she has given to potentially confirm!
Grass Goat Sheep Goat-antelope Livestock

Goat Grass Terrestrial animal Working animal Livestock
Plant Dog breed Liver Grass Goat

Working animal Sky Goat Plant Fawn

Eye Vertebrate White Human body Working animal

Plant Fawn Terrestrial animal Fence Goat

I hope these are helpful. Do you think she is the one throwing the dapples? She has had dappled kids with this buck so I’m wondering if it her!? What would these kids be called I have absolutely no clue 😂

161 - 180 of 222 Posts