Color?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Haviris, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    What color would you say this kid is? She's got a chocolate nose, but her body is kind of an orangie color.
    [​IMG]

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'd say that she is gold with moonspots! Very pretty too!

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Gold with chocolate/light chocolate moonspots. Very cute!

4. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Thank you! That helps!

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I ditto Liz, gold with moonspots. If you wish, you can be more specific on moonspots in the description but in my experience goats tend to change as they age so I don't get too descriptive with things like that.

6. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Wow, I don't think i've ever seen a gold colored one with moonspots-she's pretty unique looking. I was hoping for some wild colors out of my LaManchas this year-but all I got was white with brown, brown with white, brown, creme, and white with creme. I still have two to go. One will likely have white kids as she is bred to a Saanen buck(an oops breeding) and the other one is creme colored bred to a creme/white buck so I'm not expecting color-but could be surprised. One of my Saanen/LaMancha grades was bred to an all white buck and I got a light brown colored doe kid from that breeding.

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Yep, gold with chocolate moonspots. I don't have Nigerians but, why not know a thing or two about different breeds?

Nice looking kid you have there, I have only ever seen 1 like it before, and it belongs to Prairie Wood Farms.

Very cute, I love moonspots!! :shades:

8. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Thanks everyone, I love this kids color! I think she's my favorite of the year! I don't normally get very descriptive on moonspots either because they changes so much. Her's are actually silver, I know they look kind of chocolate in this pic, but they're not.

I have one doe left to kid and she's bred to the same buck, so I'm really hoping for more color like this!