The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arg I posted this am and for what ever it didn't post.
I'm looking at bringing a Nigeiran doe from Colorado springs to the WA/OR (columbia gorge) area. I believe she'd be able to leave during Sept.
I'm so leary with all the recent horror stories of ground transport, and the recent article on airlines. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Airline-Animal-Deaths-Raises-Concern-191487781.html
highlight of article-
After a five-month analysis of government documents, the NBC Bay Area Investigate Unit uncovered that in a six-year span 302 animals have died, been injured, or have disappeared in the care of commercial airlines.
Delta Airlines saw the most tragedies followed by Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, and United Airlines, according to Air Travel Reports published by the Department of Transportation:eek:
I use to use Delta and Alaska to ship show dogs years ago.
Ideas???

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kaski, lol, yep ncis die hard. :eek:. I called united and near as I can gather it's about 300 and they couldn't tell me if that was a direct flight. I called then emailed american airlines- they have two options- expedite- a flat $150 (but of course portland doesn't offer that):mad:. Of they offer priority for $300! but a stop over in either tx or chicago no direct flight! I'm really bummbed I can't add 300 to my goat price right now. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts