Columbus GA, 1 Nigerian and 1 boer DOES

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by hunterjumper999, Apr 10, 2010.

1. hunterjumper999

hunterjumper999 New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Unreg. Females

1 is in milk ( nigerian) and giving 1 1/2 -2 1/2 quarts per day. . . I am new to goats and im sure that she'll give more when shes getting pasture ect.

I can not keep them in my pen and do not have the option to reinforce it

i've had one goat for about 3 weeks and the other for a week.

The doe is 19 months old and had tripplets her first and only birth. She has been in milk a while and is starting to look like she needs a break ( or maybe better feed?) Shes UTD on deworming and medical care. DEHORNED

The Doeling is 5 weeks old on Sunday. She has been on pellets and hay since I got her after her mother died.

Both Goats 200.00
    Single Goat 150 nigerian and 75.00 Boer.

Please let me know if these prices are absurd... I have no idea.

2. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    I do not want to be critical and it sounds like it isn't your fault, but 5 weeks is way too young for a goat to only be eating only alfalfa and pellets... she should still be drinking milk... have you tried bottle feeding?

Also what are you feeding the Nigerian? She should have alfalfa and grain if she is putting out 2 quarts a day for you or she will milk off her body weight pretty fast...

3. hunterjumper999

hunterjumper999 New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    The nigerian is getting the same Alfalfa cubes I have for my horse... and the same hay. Shes also getting 18 percent ( i think) goat pellets and a small scoop ( i think its a 1/2 cup scoop) of sweet feed. shes been dewormed. still looks lean.

The baby was orphaned and hadn't eaten in 27 hours whne i got her. She readily ate pellets but wouldnt drink the milk replacer, milk mix ( it was a slurry of whole milk, buttermilk and evaporated milk) OR milk from the doe. so the general consensus of the goat people i asked was that she'd be ok on 90 percent pellet and the eventual 10 percent doe milk i could get her to drink from a bowl...

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    up the milking does feed to 2 cups slowly and that will help her 1/2 cup of feed isnt enough for a lactating doe who is producing that much.

Sorry you have to sell them