The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
139638.jpeg
Addition #1 is a 2yr old doe due to kid in May. She will come in a few weeks and have a wether friend for now. Pictured as a junior, photo courtesy of DCP. She is bred to a * Buck. He is young, but his sire scored an EEE 92 in LA with an E in back and rump and has numerous finished champion daughters. His dam is one of my favorite does in the country. She is a 4*M, SGCH and scored a VVEV89 with E's in Legs, back and rump. She also has finished champion daughters. This is an exciting cross and I'm looking forward to seeing the kids!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:inlove: She's gorgeous. Congratualtions!
Thank you! I'm excited. It's been about 1.5 years since I had goats. I had been raising them for quite a few years before that, but sold them after a hard year and decided to focus on my horses. I don't regret that, but I'm going to try to get back into them to have a little income. We'll see how it goes.
Very nice, congrats. :)
Thank you:)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome that you are getting back into goats. You have such a great eye for conformation, I can't wait to see the goats you choose and breed. (thumbup)
Thanks! I am extremely critical when it comes to my goats and picky about what I buy. Obviously, it's hard to find a "perfect" goat, especially when you can't and don't want to spend thousands on one kid, but I'm very happy with the animals I'm getting. I think they will be a good foundation.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice doe! Cant wait to see pictures of the wee ones!
It won't be too long for that! She's due in mid-May. No due date which is fun, but it shouldn't be hard. I'm too familiar with the doe code. A well known Nigerian breeder only feeds her bred does in the morning and says she's had no kids born at night in 20 years so I'm going to try that. Hopefully they will still graze during the day.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very exciting - keep us updated!
I certainly will!

I have not heard of that before. I feed morning & evening. My girls usually kidd @ 3 in the afternoon. I havent had a night delivery in 5.years. But as we know..."Doe Code" can change all of that. :heehee::haha:
I used to do the same and for the most part my does kidded on nice warm sunny afternoons. So easy! I only had one doe who was just a silly brat and liked to be annoying. She kidded at 2am, after she started going into labor while I was on my way back from a show. That was a long day!! But she gave me gorgeous does so I couldn't complain.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts