Commendation for Mrs Hoeggar

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Jun 22, 2009.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If you have read the post I made in the topic Any one have this book? You will understand why I am publicly commending Mrs. Hoeggar from Hoeggar Suppy.

I followed the dosing instructions given for the acidified copper sulphate that I purchased from the goat store and well, I truly think that the doseage was just too much for a mini goat. I contacted Hoeggars with this, not blaming them, just to let them know what happened with my girls and Mrs Hoeggar called me back, very compassionate and very understanding, I reassured her that I was not placing blame whatsoever, it was my oversight with the fact that most goat doseages are based on the large breeds, this lady has a heart of gold and though it wasn't their fault that Tilly died, she offered to compensate me with a bag of the Golden Blend goat minerals, so that I can try them and see if the deficiency in copper is corrected with them.

Mrs. Hoeggar was so warm and friendly as well as sypathetic to the loss by my own hands, I feel better knowing that I am not the only one who has ever made a choice that has cost a life. 75 years of the Hoeggars being in the goat business as well as being a very close God loving family has really enriched my appreciation for Mrs. Hoeggar.
  2. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    That is so nice. :hug: Is she going to put in a correct dosage for minis in her future editions?

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She did tell me that she would have a change made. I just felt it neccessary that since I had a problem it may help others avoid it.
  4. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Wow that was nice of her. I am sorry for your loss but atleast it will help many other people in the future.
  5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thank you for letting us know about the outcome with Hoeggar's. When I have called asking questions, they have always been more then helpful.
  6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I just spoke with her today about my own goats and she was very nice and glad you posted this!