Compare these doelings?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Amos, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I finally found some Nubian does near us that are reasonably priced. I emailed the lady and they have 8 doelings for sale. She sent pictures, but she sent ten pics, so I don't know whether some are bucks or what. I was wondering if I could have you guys judge them, conformation and such (I would love to buy them all, who wouldn't, but I can only afford 2-3 because I don't have a whole lotta money to spare for purchasing). I don't have many details on them at all, hoping to find out more soon.

Order from best to worst please.

Goat 1

Goat 2

Goat 3

Goat 4 (I think this ones a buck or whether)

Goat 5

Goat 6

Goat 7

Goat 8

Goat 9 (think this one might be male too)

Goat 10
  2. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Obviously some of the pictures could be better too, so I dunno if they're all what they seem in these pics.

3. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    The pictures are a little small and the forceful way their being held makes it hard to see conformation. They are very pretty looking though.
  4. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Well can you judge by how they are even though they're being held? I don't plan on buying certain ones just because of pictures, I am planning to see them first, I'm just curious as to what you guys think.. or is it silly to even ask that?
  5. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Ok.... well as I have said many MANY times before.... I have never shown goats before so as far as show standards for conformations goes I don't know much. If I were choosing a Nubian then I would want a good long body (for easier kidding), straight legs, coat quality and color (color doesn't matter much to some people), two teats, and extra LONG ears (with nubians IMO the longer the ears the better :wink: ). So based on those five things this would be my ranking (and as you said... when you go to look at them you can take a look at how straight their legs are and teat placement and number):

6. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    3,4,5,10 would be in my pasture in a heart beat :love:
    but that's the spots talking :ROFL:
  7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

5 and 10 are the only ones that catch my eye. and its not because of the spots. I like soild colored nubians the best. its because of their dairy charecter more level toplines more length of body longer necks and stronger rear leg set.
  8. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    3 and 5 look good to me -they look well built, and level in the top
  9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    #5 is my favorite... even though they think they are being killed in the pictures, she still looks really nice
    #10 is my second,
    #3 is my third
  10. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    It's hard to tell, but 5 looks pretty good to me. But I'll take 1 and 4 based on color! :greengrin:
  11. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ok, well my mom and I talked it over, I talked to the lady whos selling them, and I think I'll be buying #3, #5, and #7, and my mom might buy #4, and #10.
  12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I don't know if it is totally the way they are standing but the first thing that cough my eye on all of them was how STEEP their rump is.

I hope they are really not that steep in person.
  13. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Yup, I noticed that too, in the other pictures she sent, #3 & #10 definently not that steep, but unfortunatly #7 is, and #5 is medium, but I think with our buck we can get level offspring with some lengh and still get the spots. My mom only wants #4 for the color. LOL