The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
if her babies have dropped under her...then she is close...other things to look for are, swollen rear, full tight udder, amber goo from rear..she will become restless, some dont want to be touched while others can be quite needy,... they will go off feed ( most times) ,they can stretch alot, do a twisted yawn of sorts, lay down, get up, dig a little, lay down, get up dig some more...once ready, she lays down and begin pushing...

·
Administrator
85,534 Posts
I agree, if you look at her from behind and all of a sudden her kids dropped off from her sides, they are on their way to the birth canal, it could take a while or be very soon. So keep an eye on her.

Any discharge? Udder really full?

When she begins to push, kids are on their way.

Happy Kidding. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Her back end is very swollen and now she won't hardly let me touch her . I moved her to a pen and she's not liking being by herself . Her utters are not all swollen but I figured that was because of her breed ( Nigerian Dwarf ) and that this is her first pregnancy . She is ten months but petit

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
She should show some sign of her udder filling. My nigerians, even the first timers, have always filled some. I did have a nubian who never did fill....even after kidding (no clue how she managed to feed that kid, but she did) I bet she'll fill right before kidding so be watching for it

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I keep my girls separate but one day I came home and my son had put the girls in the field with the boys
I've had that happen too. If you have a buck on the premises its not IF an accident will happen, its when. Just keep an eye on her. She should be ok. These animals are a lot more resilient than we give credit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.