The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought new bottled baby goat today. And I noticed he kept shaking his head lot. Like his ears are bothering him. And I kinda have some flies in my barn. And it kinda out of control. But I see no flies on his ears but still shave his ears lot. Should I be concerned about it? Or it just flies bothering him?

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
It could just be the flies. Usually when they have something in their ear their head will be cocked off to the side a bit. Does he do that? You can get a flashlight and try and see if you can see anything in his ears, you won’t be able to see WAY down in there but if you kinda move around the ear up and down you can see fairly deep. You can also get some fly spray, any kind you can put directly on a animal, if you have a tractor supply look in the horse section, and spray some on his head and see if that stops it. Make sure you don’t spray in his eyes. You can get a paper towel and spray it and then kinda rub it on him

·
Registered
2 Posts
I brought new bottled baby goat today. And I noticed he kept shaking his head lot. Like his ears are bothering him. And I kinda have some flies in my barn. And it kinda out of control. But I see no flies on his ears but still shave his ears lot. Should I be concerned about it? Or it just flies bothering him?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Totally could be the flies. Try hanging vanilla car air fresheners in your barn. Flies will flee. Also works in chicken coops

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could just be the flies. Usually when they have something in their ear their head will be cocked off to the side a bit. Does he do that? You can get a flashlight and try and see if you can see anything in his ears, you won't be able to see WAY down in there but if you kinda move around the ear up and down you can see fairly deep. You can also get some fly spray, any kind you can put directly on a animal, if you have a tractor supply look in the horse section, and spray some on his head and see if that stops it. Make sure you don't spray in his eyes. You can get a paper towel and spray it and then kinda rub it on him
They works for the goats too? If yes, thanks for the tip. That will be so helpful!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Totally could be the flies. Try hanging vanilla car air fresheners in your barn. Flies will flee. Also works in chicken coops
Vanilla air freshener? Really? I thought flies like maturely smells and sweet smell, I couldn't use my bath and body works lotions or I will end up with millions bug bites. Lol
I don't mind to give it try! Thank for tip! I planning to try it today!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts