The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
I really like her topline and back end. I don’t have NDs, and I’m not super experienced with critiquing conformation yet... but do her front legs seem a bit forward to anyone else?

Personally I like the horns. And the “snot.” ☺

Overall I think she’s quite lovely! What’s her name?

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
540 Posts
I'm still learning about conformation myself, but I'll try my best to critique her! 😉 I have found this to be very helpful https://cornerstonefarm.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Easy-Dairy-Goat-Conformation.pdf

Pros:
rear leg angulation
body length
high, sharp withers
straight topline
long rump
good blending through the neck and shoulders

Cons
steep rump
front legs might be placed a bit too far forward
lacks brisket
pasterns look a bit weak
more depth?

Overall, I think she is a lovely doe and looks very long and dairy!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Her name is Twix :)
I took her to a small-scale local show recently and I was rather pleased with how it went. The judge agreed with much of what you mentioned @Dandy Hill Farm , he really liked her dairy qualities.
I would like to see more depth to her, and she doesn't have much of a brisket.
She just didn't place well since the other goat was a senior Saanen with the better udder- but I'm really happy with how she did; she did great and I won showmanship with her.
Is her rump really that steep? I find it more level than most of my other goats.

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
540 Posts
Love her name! 💙
That's great!! Congratulations!! 😁
IMO her rump angle definitely isn't bad at all (I have seen a lot worse), but the ideal angle is nearly level. So, I would prefer it to be just a bit more level, but no goat is perfect and she really is a NICE doe!! 🥰

1 - 9 of 9 Posts