The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I've recently been considering getting back into my local 4H club after some time off, it's been over 5 years since I started and have always been showing boer goats with them. Now that I am older and more knowledgeable about conformation (the majority of my knowledge is with horses so goats are a grey area) I have been looking for a good guide/reference to teach me about conformation in goats, specifically meat boers in case I do make the choice to return. Unfortunately it hasn't been extremely successful. I did talk to my friends over at the farm and it seems we were taught about conformation, but for the life of me I cannot remember learning anything about it!

So my first of many questions, before I get into specifics, is if anyone can get down to the basics and describe what is considered most desirable in meat boers (photos included if possible)? We mostly showed wethers but does have been thrown in at some point or another, so covering all bases would be great!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.