The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As My introduction states I have 2 Pygmies 2 of which are Bred or so I thought. I had a buck in with them roughly a month (June) Taken back just after the 4th of July. I have seen the 2 oes get mounted on several occasions. ( I wanted it to take) Keeping my first Mounting date I figured it out to be around the middle of Nov. (deer hunting here) Checking in on them several times a day and maybe more than I should at night..(haven't slept much) They have gotten HUGE... My Mom ( had goats when she was growing up and brought a couple home when I was a kid but thats another story for the last laugh) said well looks like your having triplets and Quads. I told her to stop messing with me.. Was NOT funny. she just laughed.. Here it is Dec. 1st NO KIds as of yet. the last few days Carmel has looked as if she shifted the weight from up higher to carrying it pretty low. now I just got back from checking on them and she is back to carrying them High again.. Cherokee. is still growing more and more each day...I am begining to wonder if Instead of the 5 month plan if I have some really hairy elephants on the 15 month plan...:GAAH: HELP!! lol

Attachments

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Beautiful girls. Just because the bu ck mounted them does not mean the girls were in heat. I agree We need a back end picture. Do you have a baby monitor you can put in the barn to hear them?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK So Cherokee was easier to get a picture of. Just give her some hay, Carmel I was not so lucky I even gave her a handful of grain. She didnt want to stand still had to keep an eye on me. Never mind Herman the Duck He thinks he is a Goat and Follows Carmel everywhere she goes. Seams she don't mind cause they Sleep curled up togther

Attachments

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I would like to clean out thier pens, As today would be The ay for doing that. But I dont want to make them more uncomfortable.

PS. their Udders have not Bagged. I also raise Cows too. But these are sooooo Different

· Goat Owner
75 Posts
They do look like they are filling out. Were these pictures in the morning before feeding or at night? I am trying to remember which side should be filling out if there pregnant but one side would be the kids while the other is the rumen being full. Also with pregnancies full term is always give or take a little bit of time, so you should find out in the next week or so.

· Registered
8,603 Posts
The black doe, IMO, doesn't, look pregnant.

· Registered
1,397 Posts
YOu can for sure stop checking on them so much lol. They won't be kidding any time soon. My does all are VERY obvious on the day they kid. Their udders are full and tight, they get mucous strings coming out of them, and they are VERY vocal. Get your self some good nights sleep :)

· Registered
11,167 Posts
If they had never been around a buck before then you can assume that the breeding did not occur right away. Sometimes introducing a buck will trigger a heat cycle and then they cycle every 3 weeks. Anyhow, looks like you have a few more weeks to go - can you show us photos of their udders? Is this their first kidding? First timers may begin filling their udder up to a month in advance. You will see a bulging huge udder sticking out from behind their back legs. Also they may have some amber discharge up to a 1 week before kidding.

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Need a shot of the Udder. Are they filling at all?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.