The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jesse seems to be doing fine shes 101 days today and shes building a small udder shes not very big I'm guessing a single for her....Daisy how ever is rather large shes 87 days along and has a slight udder and I noticed a bit of clear discharge today I'm really beginning to wonder if she isn't farther along but I going on her last heat cycle. Daisys bottom hasn't thinned out like Jesses. Is it normal for her to have a little bit of discharge?If I could only find the camera Id post pics.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Is Daisy a first freshener? I've found my first fresheners start getting udders a lot earlier than they older girls, usually as early as 2 months before they kid. Some can get a discharge 2 months before they kid, but its usually more common in the last month that you see a discharge. Some goats also just seem to have a little bit of a discharge all through the pregnancy. I have a doe out there whose been having a discharge.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Sarah she is Im just so scared I will have there kidding dates off. Im a newbie both girls are FF and my buck is young......sounds like a train wreck huh. Jesse is carrying low and Daisy is wide.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
LOL I remember my first time, I was a wreck, not knowing when they were going to kid, and we had 14 does with unknown due dates :doh: I was a wreck after that kidding season :)

You get used to the tension though, this will be my third kidding season, kids are due in 6 days already!! :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts