Congested udder??

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by farmgirl1, Apr 21, 2010.

1. farmgirl1

farmgirl1 New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Monroeville, NJ
    My goat has a beautiful udder this year (well alot better than last year) and today my mom tried to milk her (I was in school) and her, along with almost every other goat had like no milk coming out at all and their udders are really hard (I didn't feel them but that is what she said). Do you think this may be congested udder? :scratch:

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    When did all these does freshen? Are they first fresheners? Was this your first time filling them up? Did you test for mastitis? What do you mean but not much milk?

3. farmgirl1

farmgirl1 New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Monroeville, NJ
    The one I was talking about the most freshened a week or two ago ago I think. This was her 4th freshening and she had congested udder last year. By not much milk I mean like an ounce if that.... and that is in like 10 minutes. We are almost positive that it isn't mastisis but I am not sure we tested. Yesterday was the first day we milked them. We are now giving them vitamin C in a syringe everyday, especially the ones that are due soon because we don't want this with them. Hope that answered your questions.