The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, back story I bought an older doe who was bred by her son and another buck so the owner used lute. She finally got pregnant two years later. No idea if it’s from lute or something else.
So now, I have a doe who was bred by a very nice buck however they both have the same confrontational fault so really debating using lute pending if I can even get it. So if I bred her to another buck would there be a chance she would have kids by both? So frustrating.

·
Administrator
84,528 Posts
Having a huge fault in both will most likely pass it on.
But you can allow the pregnancy and sell the offspring as meat. Do not sell as breeders.

If you do not want the issue, use lute and breed with a better buck.

There has been situations, a doe can kid out from two different bucks, yes.
So a DNA will need to be done so you know which is which.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are nigerian dwarfs. i was so mad because i finally got the fencing so they werent getting out but someone left the two gates unlatched....
all the does were out with him, but seems like he was all about this doe(she was the only really stinky one) and no one else.(when i got home) she is still standing in heat today so maybe i got lucky, i plan to sell her next year but wanted to keep a daughter ,so i did email the vet to see if possibly to not have to bring her in(vet charges alot for livestock)
thank you.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finally was able to get 2 cc of lute(first time i went they only gave me one). she came back into heat and now she is in heat again, but the boy i picked for her has no interest. so we shall see in the next month or so.... i felt so bad but she didnt care at all.. just kept eating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts