Contact and or Mentor Info. Still current??

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by Native87, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Native87

Native87 New Member

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if the folks who so unselfishly volunteered to be available about questions or issues were still up to date. I don't have anyone close to me that I can call if a emergency or just concerns should arise.

I am currently trying to find a vet in my area that is knowledgable about goats also. I am going to try to contact Virginia Tech today to see how or if they can help. This is all new to me. I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row so to speak because we want to be successful and most important that the goats can get the best care that is possible.

I spend alot of time on this site and I have to say the knowledge here is amazing. Each and every member here should feel lucky to have a bunch of folks who do actually care about what you have going. Thanks To EVERYBODY.
    Happy March :leap:
    Terry

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you are asking about this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6820

and yes its still active and accurate to the best of my knowledge

if you call someone and the number isnt right let me know but most of them are moderators or former moderators.

3. Native87

Native87 New Member

:thumb: Thank you Stacey. I have no problems at this time but I just wanted to ask. Thanks a million. ~Terry

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am glad you did so... :thumbup: ...that tell others... that the info is all up to date and standing by... for any emergency.... :thumb: :greengrin:

5. Native87

Native87 New Member

Thanks Pam. I have read and learned alot. Alot of things I will be doing are new to me and I have to admit the first time makes me nervous. LOL Once I get some vaccines etc. under my belt a time or two I should be just fine. :)

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Native87...your very welcome.... :wink:

we are here for newbies and oldies.....LOL :p ..believe me ...we all ..have been there ...where you are ...and thought... oh my...I can't do this.... But I remember one important thing... that someone told me.... take a deep breath......blow out and take your time..... it doesn't matter how long it takes... I have confidence in you ...that you can do it..... this was when... I had my 1st complications in a doe...delivering babies....... I was so scared...but now... it doesn't faze me.... it gets easier..with time.... :hug: