The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my doe was bred August 9 possible due date was January 1 of next year. So today after I got home I realized she was just acting really weird. She kinda kept hunching and had her tail in an awkward position. And she even let me come and pet her which I thought was weird because she is still a little scared of me and a lot of times she runs from me.. and then she went pee and some mucus stuff came out. And when it was feeding time she didn’t even come to the barn only nibbled some feed out of my hand and then decided she didn’t want anymore.. so idk if this is just part of pregnancy life for goats just like humans where they don’t always feel good? She is almost 3 months pregnant if i have the due date right.

·
Super Moderator
32,217 Posts
I would start by Getting her temp. Check her famacha.

How sure are you she took? What color mucus and how much?

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the first thing I was gonna do! But we don’t have a temp checker for animals! Unfortunately! When we got her from another farm which was about 4 months ago they said she could have possibly got bred by another buck so I really don’t know! It was just a white/creamish color.. and just a little bit ago not sure if it was her or not since we have other goats in the barn but I though I heard a low bleat/moan coming from her. And just a little bit ago she was putting her head against the wall.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now she is in one of are stalls and has been in their for quite awhile. She got up and sniffed the ground for awhile and then started pawing and Ik those are signs that your doe is getting close but I’m not gonna say for sure that she is in labor..

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m kinda hoping that maybe she is in labor but it’s kind of a really bad time to have them. It is absolutely pouring down rain outside and I haven’t got any time to clean out their stalls and so it is absolutely filthy!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so yes she could have been bred by a different buck from another farm before we got her.. they told us it was a possibility because she was in with the buck. We have had her for 4 months so in that 1 month before we got her she could have been bred.

·
Super Moderator
32,217 Posts
Well sounds like she maybe in labor. How's her udder look?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Idk.. should I be concerned? She just has been laying down for so long and still won’t eat. I guess if she is in labor I heard that does can be really hungry before giving birth and eat like this is their last meal or they won’t eat at all..

·
Super Moderator
32,217 Posts
Yes..clean bedding is good idea. And keeping her stalled. Watch her close in case she needs help.

·
Super Moderator
32,217 Posts
Some will eat until kids drop..others go off feed.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts