Contracts

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by dragonfly farms, Jan 12, 2009.

1. dragonfly farms

dragonfly farms New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Pfafftown, NC
    I was wondering what you have contracts for (selling, breeding etc). I am thinking about writing up a contract for services that basically says that I am not a vet, but will do these things for you if you want. I have also been thinking of drawing up a sales contract, but I dont know if that is really necessary since we have unregistered goats. What are your opinions and ideas?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    a contract even for unregistered animals isnt a bad thing. to me it I felt that people would take me more serious. I used contracts with my unregistered after I had a bad experience with people who kept backing out. They took the selecting and decision process more serious because I was serious about it.

I have a contact on my site http://www.endofthelinefarm.com if you want to take a look at it. Look under the for sale section and scroll down

3. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I always used a contract with deposits when I had my unregistered herd. It went something like this:

Date: (Date of Deposit)

I (Seller's Name) , accept a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit for (number of kids and any specifics) in the amount of (amount of deposit). The remaining balance of (remaining balance) is due at the time of pick-up. The goat(s) are to be picked up no later than (latest date) , unless otherwise arranged by myself and the buyer.

Seller: (Seller's Signature)
    Buyer: (Buyer's Signature)
    Buyer's Phone #: (phone #(s))

Of course you can put ANYTHING you want it! Whatever suits your own farm :wink: This is just an example. :shades: Hope it helps!!

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am not sure that I have my contract here at work for my unregistered and registered animals, but EVERYONE that purchases from me must sign the contract. It is one of those C.Y.O.A. things - lol!!!

I also have one for services offered, since I am not a licensed vet (but am/was a vet nurse of 8 years) and also one for raw milk. Again - these are for a C.Y.O.A. cases. Now days, you just can not be to careful.

5. dragonfly farms

Oct 4, 2008
    Pfafftown, NC
    Kelebek, i would love to see the services rendered one. That is really how this whole thing started. I know someone that wants me to come out and do hoof trims, but i dont REALLY know them and would like something in writing for them to acknowledge the fact that i am not a vet.

Then when i started thinking about it i decided that i really should have a contract for all types of transactions.

6. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I don't know if you could legally do this. I believe it falls under the heading of practicing medicine without a license. You could offer advice but it would be up to the owner wether they wanted to perform the things you advise.

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    We have a breeding contract, not a sales contract yet. I always, always give them a bill of sale and I keep a copy of the bill.

8. dragonfly farms

Oct 4, 2008
    Pfafftown, NC
    I am not talking about big services, just hoof trimming and banding a baby. That is really all I would do to someone else's animal since I am not a vet.