The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i convince my dad to let me bring my girls with me to his house for the weekends? and during the summer we will have a full week over there. :?
when they got divorced me, my sisters, and my mom moved and dad stayed in our house. he got rid of all our goats but kept all the stuff. he said he was going to fix the fence and barn etc. and start fresh in the spring with new stock. but i know my dad and like i knew he hast even been out in the yard that far let alone fix anything. which there really isnt anything to fix.
the house is on the family farm so there is plenty of room to hike around. how do i convince him?!
and even bigger... i am looking for a buck to buy... there isnt enough space for a seperate pen. how could i convince him to let me keep it at his house once i get one? there are two pens at his house. one covers about two acres and the other covers about four acres (just my guesses). could i keep a buck on this much land with him mainly on forage? i was thinking he could eat it down really good (becuase its all grown up after the year or so its been empty) and there is a big variety. i would have a mineral block in with him and could give him grain and more hay in the winter. does this sound good? :whatgoat:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Just ask. Maybe help him fix up the place. Who doesn't like free labor. :) Plus, he won't have to bush hog. No need to fill up the gas on the ole' tractor. You get the idea. Run with it. :)

Gina

1 - 2 of 2 Posts