cookie in labor but i have question

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by faintfarm, Feb 1, 2011.

1. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    she has been in labor for about 2 hours just started pushing but i checked her cervix and her cervix is down below the babies nose and front hooves will this fix it's self or what should i do ?

water not broke

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Has she been pushing for 2 hours or just contracting?

If she is pushing now...and she isn't dilated.....you may have to wash up and go in....with your fingers go in to the vulva opening and start...kinda pushing... gently outward...go around the whole area ..in a circle....to help with dilation.... If she just started pushing... you can give her just a little more time...to push the kid out by herself...if she has been pushing for a long time...you need to go in and help her dilate.... :hug:

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I agree...if her water hasn't broken and she hasn't been pushing long, she may be progressing enough to have the pressure of the kid do the dilating.
    IF she's been pushing every 3-5 minutes for an hour then you'll need to go in and do as Pam instructed.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    How is Cookie doing? Any kids yet?

6. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    well cookie wasnt in labor baby was just in the way she couldn;t poop i thinkk but between her and her sister i'm about to :hair: oh well it will not be long for cookie and gracie just started loosin her plug hope she waits until i can turn cookie loose cause they dont get along in closed spaces. :GAAH:

7. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Oh geez! Poor Cookie! Well hopefully she'll give you some kids soon and she won't have any worries with stopping up anymore either!

8. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    i hope so i had to go in and move the babies down atleased one big nosed baby in there i think there is 2 babies :kidred: :kidred: :pray: