The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, quick question. I'm thinking of making goat "cookies" with my herbal wormer in them. Do you think the herbs would loose potency if they're baked? If so, would they loose a lot? Also, do you think this could work for copper too? Just brainstorming here... ideas?

·
Registered
844 Posts
yes as with most herbs they lose their potency when cooked. I think you could make a tea however with warm water and maybe a little sweetner such as molasses. Just make a small amount to make sure everyone is getting what they need. Haven't done it myself just thinking outloud. :whatgoat:

·
4,499 Posts
That sounds like a good idea.... how about 'no=bake' cookies?? Let us know what you come up with. I drench my girls with Molly's herbals...They HATE it!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've tried a lot of different ways to feed my herbal wormer and have just about given up because my girls just won't eat them. They do like their treats though, so that's where the cookie idea arose. I think no-bake idea may work. Now I just have to find a good recipe and try it. Wish me luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts