Cooking wormer herbs?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by comingsummers, Feb 26, 2011.

1. comingsummers

comingsummers New Member

May 6, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    So, quick question. I'm thinking of making goat "cookies" with my herbal wormer in them. Do you think the herbs would loose potency if they're baked? If so, would they loose a lot? Also, do you think this could work for copper too? Just brainstorming here... ideas?

2. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    yes as with most herbs they lose their potency when cooked. I think you could make a tea however with warm water and maybe a little sweetner such as molasses. Just make a small amount to make sure everyone is getting what they need. Haven't done it myself just thinking outloud. :whatgoat:

3. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    That sounds like a good idea.... how about 'no=bake' cookies?? Let us know what you come up with. I drench my girls with Molly's herbals...They HATE it!!!

4. comingsummers

comingsummers New Member

May 6, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    I've tried a lot of different ways to feed my herbal wormer and have just about given up because my girls just won't eat them. They do like their treats though, so that's where the cookie idea arose. I think no-bake idea may work. Now I just have to find a good recipe and try it. Wish me luck!

5. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    I always mix the herbs with molasses...do your goaties not like that?