Katrina
3,315 Posts
For reference: I am using Sweetlix 16:8 meatmaker
Calcium: 14-16%
Phosphorus 8%
Salt 10-12%
Copper 1750-1810 ppm
Selenium 50ppm

I would think the Ca:ph ratio is a little high almost 3:1, the salt is a little high and the copper and selenium are a little low

·
8,365 Posts
They list 1200 ppm as 1200.000. So it is actually a decimal point, not a comma! You are not giving that much copper! My minerals are written like yours are. Very confusing.

·
Administrator
84,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the clarification. Now it is clear, LOL ;)

Does anyone know, which cattle minerals, that is higher in copper from tractor supply?

Tried Purina minerals, my goats did not like it, along with, the ones that did eat it for some reason that year, had a lot of kidding issues.

I really don't want to order the minerals and sweetlix is not available in our area unfortunately.

·
14,615 Posts
We started out with the SweetLix but switched to Right Now Onyx Cattle put out by Cargill.
Copper is 2000 ppm min. max salt is16.5%
Ca13.5 phos 8%

·
Registered
617 Posts
Tractor supply carries manna pro,but I think the copper is the same,this is a goat mineral,have had good luck with it

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
This is from BigV. It usually available at most feed stores in 25lb and 50lb bags.

VEEMIN
GOAT BUILDER MINERAL
For All Classes of Goats.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
Calcium (Ca), min……………….……..……… 15.00%
Calcium (Ca), max……………….……...…….. 17.00%
Phosphorus (P), min……………………....……. 8.00%
Salt (NaCl), minmum…………………...……… 10.00%
Salt (NaCl), max……………………..………… 12.00%
Magnessium (Mg), min………………….…….… 1.50%
Potassium (K), min…………………......……….. 1.50%
Sulfur (S), min…………………………....………. 1.50%
Cobalt (Co), min………………………..…….. 240 ppm
Copper (Cu), min………………………..…. 1,750 ppm
Iodine (I), min……………………………..……450 ppm
Iron (Fe), min………………….……….….……. 0.95%
Manganese (Mn), min………….....……….12,500 ppm
Selenium (Se), min……….…….…………..…. 50 ppm
Zinc (Zn), min………………..…..…………12,500 ppm
Vitamin A, min……………………...….… 100,00 IU/lb.
Vitamin D3, min……………...…….…….. 15,000 IU/lb.
Vitamin E, min………………...…………..…. 200 IU/lb.
INGREDIENTS:
Monocalcium/Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Processed Grain By-Products, Molasses Products, Sodium Selenite, Ferrous Sulfate, Magnesium Oxide, Potassium Chloride, Managanous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Soybean Oil, Calcium Iodate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Sulfur, Cobalt Carbonate, Iron Oxide, Mineral Oil, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Natural and Artificial Flavors.
This product was made in a feed manufacturing facility that does not handle or store products containing animal proteins prohibited in ruminant feed.​
FEEDING DIRECTIONS:
Veemin Meat Goat Mineral may be successfully self fed to all types of goats. Put out fresh weekly near the water supply. Covered feeders are recommended. Veemin Meat Goat Mineral is a complete 2:1 (calcium to phosphorus) mineral supplement. Feed to goats on pasture at the rate of .7 oz. Per 100 pounds of bodyweight per head per day.
NOTE: This product contains added Selenium. Do not permit excessive consumption.
The consumption rate of .7 ounces per head per day will provide 1 milligram of supplemental Selenium per head per day. Maximum permitted level of supplemental Selenium is 3 milligrams per head per day.
CAUTION: Contains added copper. Do not feed to sheep.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I no nothing about minerals, so I was wondering... Do you still have to give minerals when you are in a region that is high in everything (selenium, copper, iron... ect.)?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts