The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RussellP
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goats are looking a little rough and reddish, even my white kiko and my Nubian x boer white parts are turning beige. What is the easiest method to get copper and selenium into these 22 goats? They are very tame. Two of these girls were solid white and the paint had snow white background. Just this spring and summer did they begin to redden.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
58,887 Posts
I would get BoSe for selenium. Inject SQ at 1cc per 40 lbs. Then buy copper boluses from Jeffers or Santa Cruz and give those orally. You may want to get a bolus gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I gave my goats the copper bolus this year for the first time. I flattened out a big marshmallow and put the bolus in it folding over the marshmallow. I shoved it in their mouth and when they got a taste of the marshmallow they just chewed it up and ate it. Then they came over and licked my fingers to get the sugar taste off of them! Very Easy!

I have since bought 2 more goats and there is a huge difference in their coat conditions. The ones that had the copper look awesome!

You can also order selenium gel in a tube from Hoegger goat supply and just put a squirt in their mouth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts