The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed some of y'all talking about it but never really paid much attention :) I guess I should have. Well today I noticed a couple of my my does and a couple younger ones have fish tails .But not bad.They are the ones that I purchased about 3 months ago. So what I need to know is what I need , where I get it and how to use it and if its ok for young and pregnant does.

·
Super Moderator
59,727 Posts
You can buy them in goat sizes at Santa Cruz or Jeffers. If you do a search, there should be threads on how to administer.

·
14,615 Posts
Some of your questions might be answered in previous related threads. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will see them.;)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I bought mine at Jeffers and bolused them 2 months ago and can tell a huge difference!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some of your questions might be answered in previous related threads. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will see them.;)
I scrolled down couldn't find anything and even searched still nothing. I'm using the app on my Ipad not sure if that has anything to do with why I can't find anything.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Ok I found it at Jeffers :) thanks. So I would just give each goat a capsule?
Yes you would give each goat a capsule but I have to say if you have 40 goats it might get a little expensive. :think: But you could always just give the ones who really need it a bolus first but if they need it then really everyone needs it. There are 12 boluses in each container from Jeffers and they are $25 per container. It's been worth it for me though......I have seen a huge difference in my goats. I know some people "mix" their own copper boluses but I personally don't feel comfortable doing that. This is just easier for me but I only have 4 goats to worry about.:D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most of my goats only weigh 40 - 50 some maybe 60 lbs so I could get the 2g capsules and I thinks it said there was 24 in a bottle so I could get 2 bottles and have e nought to do them all. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You would get the 2g capsules.....that's what I would do:)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Ok I'm gonna order it this week. Is it ok to give to the younger ones too?
If I'm not mistaken they need to be 6 months old? I didn't bolus my babies and can't remember why.........it was either they weren't old enough or didn't weigh enough. I wish I could remember but I figured they weren't too deficient anyway and it would be ok for them to wait until I re-bolus the big girls:)

·
Administrator
84,528 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Should I also order a balling gun?
The balling gun didn't work for me.....I had to use a pet piller which was long and skinny so I could get it far enough back.......I bought mine at the vet clinic in Petsmart for $4

1 - 20 of 21 Posts