The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting impatiently for my copper boluses to arrive from Santa Cruz, meanwhile I was trying to figure out if I should give my kids a copper bolus? My kids were born mostly in March and are Nigerians. I have read that it's 1 gram per 22 so I may have to split the capsules for at least the kid that was born in April. Or should I not do them and just do my adults? I have a few does that have fishtail but my plan is to just do them all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They make a 2 gram bolus for goats under 50lbs.
I ordered a bottle of 2gram. So it should then be fine for anything under 50? I was concerned that since they are small that might be too heavy or a dose? Or there is a wide margin of safety in the dosage?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not seeing any obvious signs in the kids, but I am seeing it pretty clearly in 3 of my adults and some starting signs in a few of the others (fishtail). So I wasn't sure whether to just do them all, as we must be pretty deficient here. I may also have high iron in my water, I'm not sure but it just seems really fast that symptoms are coming on with multiple goats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts