???? copper bolused today!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by cdtrum, Oct 6, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ok....so due to the worm load I have dealt with this summer and Elwoods skin issue..... and after lots of reading and talking with other goat owners, I decided to bolus my 2 older wethers......I did so today, Elwoods went great...no problem.......Jakes went ok, but then shortly afterwards, he coughed up a slimy capsule w/ a little of the copper stuck to it. My question is, should I consider him done or do I need to redo, if so how long should I wait?

Also, FYI.... I had bought a calf bolus gun and it still looked so big......so I went to the pet store and bought a dog pill gun and it worked great and the boys thought it was just a syringe with meds :greengrin: !
    Thanks, Denise

2. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I"d consider him done if most of the capsule was empty. I got a "bulls eye" pet piller which is the right size for my goaties. The calf one was HUGE

3. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I'm researching bolusing at the moment as well, as my youngest doe has a bit of fading/reddish color starting on her black coat. I've heard of people using the pet pill gun, might have to get one myself