The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do I copper bolus? I want to order it from Jeffers, they have goat and sheep sizes but has anybody used it? Does anybody have pictures on how to copper bolus? Like each step with pics.

And what age can I bolus my doe? She's 4 months old and mostly all black but she's starting to get red hair on her. I forgot to add, how much would I fill up the little capsule, for weight wise? Shes a Nigerian dwarf. thanks:)

·
14,615 Posts
You can start bolusing her now.
Bolusing sounds a lot harder than it really is.;)
It is 1 gram pr 22lbs.
Get a cheap plastic balling gun from your feed store.
Put bolus in gun, put in back of the side of mouth & drop it right down the hatch.
Some put it in a marshmellow or between peanut butter crackers but the idea for the rods is to go down without being chewed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok where can I get them little gel capsules? And one of them little capsules is up to 5o lbs?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Got mine off amazon.com for $14. Bought a calf size ball gun for $1.79 @ local farm & ranch store & stuffed it down their hatch. Easy peasy!

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I use the Jeffers, and basically you get the correct size, and I just put it in their grain, or if I got funny looks I actually shoved it down their throats... I will be getting a bolus gun though:)

·
Super Moderator
83,152 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Toth boer goats,
Can I get the kid one? It says up to 50 lbs. and up to 3 months old. Can I use that on my year old Pygmy? thanks:)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So my Pygmy is probably a bit under 50, would I just fill up the whole capsule and give it to her then? Thanks:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts