The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Welcome to TGS!

A lot of people have to supplement additional copper (usually in bolus form every three to six months or so, depending on the situation) even with a good loose mineral available and good quality feed. That might be all you need to get them looking good again. You can give them in treats if you like, too, so super low stress for everybody!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
A lot of goats seem to love fig newtons - I’ve never tried feeding them to mine, but I keep hearing about them!

I always have some quick oats on hand for oatmeal, and I almost always have either some peanut butter or a banana. So what I do for mine is mix either peanut butter or mashed banana with some quick oats to make a dough-like substance. If I’m using peanut butter, I’ll add a little honey or molasses too. And I just pour the contents of the bolus capsule into the dough and mix it in and make a ball. If it’s a bit sticky I add more oats or roll it in flour. If it’s dry, more banana or peanut butter. I use these treats for herbal dewormer administration too. It’s so nice not to have to force feed anybody!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts