The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
*Gotta love ‘em kids!*
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Snowflake. Does she look copper deficient? I can’t tell. Her coat was beautiful and shiny a few months back. It gradually has turned almost mangy looking. Also, is her tail fish tail? She hasn’t had a copper bolus in almost 2 years. We feed Wind and Rain mineral.
Plant Dog breed Carnivore Felidae Grass
Plant Goat Dog breed Grass Terrestrial animal

This is her two months ago…
Plant Vertebrate Goat Mammal Tree

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Registered
*Gotta love ‘em kids!*
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok-I bolus her tonight. I know the dose is 1 gram per 22lbs, but would it be ok if I just give her the full 4 gram dose? She weighs about 75lbs

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Registered
*Gotta love ‘em kids!*
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also how long does it normally take to see results?

·
Registered
*Gotta love ‘em kids!*
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a problem- I may have overdosed her. I used a bolus gun dose her with the copper bolus. The first try, it feel out of the gun and she chewed it for a sec then spit it out. It looked like it was still full of rods, so I tried again. The second one went down fine. After all was said and done, I kicked the bolus she spit out and there was only about 1/4 of the rods still in it!!! I’m trying not to panic. Do you think it will be fine? I’m not sure if she got the 3/4 of the rods from the first bolus or not, but I’m a little worried she did and got 7 grams.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,641 Posts
Yep, I've made mistakes and overdosed a goat (or two 😮) on copper. It's no big deal, what will probably happen is she'll start to look great, and then she could start to look deficient again. An abundance of copper can make them look the same way as deficient. So don't be confused if her coat looks bad again after a while.😉

1 - 9 of 9 Posts