The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please advise me on copasure dose for doe and wether. Both over 50lbs? Any suggestions to use or not use baking soda for my wether. Is molasses ok in the water for both? Thanks ahead of time!!!!

·
Super Moderator
58,899 Posts
No baking soda for the wether unless bloated. Goats really don't need baking soda out all the time.

I put the Copasure in a syringe that I cut the tip end. I dose at 1cc per 60 lbs but you may as well do 1cc if they are 50 lbs. Then I top it with probios to hold the rods in. Put in back of mouth and push the plunger. I have the cow boluses so I have to divide it up.

·
Registered
30,614 Posts
Ive done the same way as Karen suggested..I find it easier then putting the rods in smaller capsuls, I also follow with a syringe of water to help push everything down.....but if you choose to go that route, which is fine..its 1 gram per 22# of goat....

I also agree, no baking soda free choice for Bucks and Wethers...for Does its fine to have it..Molasses should be reserved for goats who need a boost in energy or sugar..such as to encourage a dehydrated goat to drink or boost the sugar of a new mom..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts