Cordelia Kidded! Pics Added!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by capriola-nd, Sep 6, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Cordelia will be on day 146 the 11th of September. Here are some photos taken 2 or 3 days ago (can't remember exactly how many days ago). She is looking really big and these will be the first kids born to one of our newer bucks, Red Robin. Gold eyes and moon spots are possible. :)

Her udder has filled a little more since these were taken and her ligs are loosening. Last year she kidded right on day 146 with buck/doe twins. Once in labor, she moved really fast. I fed in the morning (no sign of kidding soon), went to a Bible Study meeting that lasted an hour and she had babies while I was there. Her babies were so cute and so friendly! Looking forward to more!

Any guesses?

[​IMG]

Please pardon all the water buckets in the background, I was scrubbing them out and got distracted taking photos. :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Re: Baby Watch! Cordelia on Day 141!

I say :girl: :boy: on September 12th :thumbup:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Looks like she'll give you twins again and around 148 just because she wants to make you wait a bit longer this time. :hug:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

She is coming along nicely.... :greengrin:

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Thanks everyone. I am kind of hoping for triplets :girl: :girl: :boy: but will be happy with twins. She is a lot bigger than last year. She looked like she'd just have a single last year but had two, good-sized babies.

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Your very welcome.... :wink: ..if she is bigger than last year ....the odds are good ..for trips this time around.......... :girl: :girl: :boy: :thumbup:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

My nigi Binky made me think twice about how many when it comes to mama's size :ROFL:
    January 08 she was smaller than when preggy this past Spring....she had twin does in 08 and a single doe March 09...and was twice as big this time around!
    She may give you triplets, but I'll stick with the twins again....these girls can be so unpredictable!

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

How's she doing? She's a very pretty little doe and you know how excited I am to see Robin's first babies!!! :leap:

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

She is doing great! We did bring her home with us last night so that we can work with these babies and keep them nice and friendly. Her first kids were super friendly because she had them at home with us. Hard to keep kids tame at the farm.

Her ligs are really mushy but udder is not tight yet. When I lifted her up into the crate last night, she was soooo heavy! I will be shocked if she only has twins because of how much she weighs, she's a small doe naturally, always has been. We got her as a rescue almost two years ago. She weighed only 15 lbs. as a five-month old. Our babies by that time are a good 25-30 lbs. but she matured quickly with all the TLC we gave her.

My sister is excited and that's good. She is not into the goats as much as I am but Cordelia is her special doe. She has several names picked out. Girl: Evening Shadows and she has some other ones that I can't remember right now.

Will try to get updated pics later today.

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Cordelia kidded 6am with twin bucks! At least they are super, super cute, good-sized, and healthy! They both look a lot like their mom but the 2nd born has more white and a pink nose, so cute! I think the first born may have moon spots. :) They both have gold eyes, I'm pretty sure. Normal delivery, she did it on her own.

Fluffy pics later today.

11. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Re: Baby Watch! Cordelia Kidded on Day 146!

:leap:

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

congrats on the healthy kidding :cool:

So sorry you didnt get the girls you wanted :(

13. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa

:stars:

14. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

I want to see babies! :clap:

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Glad all went well and she didn't make you wait!

16. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Thanks everyone. Really strange thing but these babies must be Roy babies. They both have bright blue eyes. They even have the "look" of Roy babies. So, only thing I can think could've happened is that Roy bred Cordelia before Robin? We saw Robin breed her but Roy was with the main herd of does at the time and we just happened to notice Cordelia in heat, so bred her to Robin. So, anyways, they are Roy babies. That's okay, they are handsome all the same.

No photos yet, the day just flew by.

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

congrats ............... :leap: :greengrin:

18. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

That's ok...Roy always has very pretty babies anyway! Can't wait for pics. :)

19. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Pics are uploading now. I actually got some pretty decent ones as I caught them when they were piddling. ;)

20. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Okay, pics. They are 28 hours old in these photos. I am actually really glad she had boys, I just love the little boys, they seem sweeter. Pierre is already friendly and runs up to us. Jacque is a little more shy but he'll be tame in no time at all. :)

"Pierre"
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

"Jacque" (pronounced w/ a French accent. ;) )
    [​IMG] [​IMG]