The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking through old posts and have only managed to confuse myself. I have Corid 9.6% Oral Solution. I believe it it undiluted. What is the dosage for it?

Sent from my LG-K373 using Goat Forum mobile app

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
Mixing undiluted Corid liquid:
Mix 6 tablespoons corid to 16 oz water....
Or the Pre mixed- Shake well before use.
solution give as follows
then dose it at ...
30cc per 100lbs
15cc per 50lbs
7.5 per 25 lbs
treat individually for 5 days

20% Powdered mixture: 3 ounces(10.5 tblspns) to 1 quart water
Mix solution well. Shake well before use.
then dose it at ...
30cc per 100lbs
15cc per 50lbs
7.5 per 25 lbs
and so on
treat individually for 5 days

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
I forgot, can this be used as a preventative, if so is it still 5 days of doses? Or is that just for treatment?
Yes, it can, it is still a 5 day course no matter if it is an active case or not.

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
How long is the dilution good for?

Sent from my LG-K373 using Goat Forum mobile app
You know, I have had it in the refrigerator for months at times and it still works just the same even for active cases. So keeping it refrigerated seems to keep shelf life longer.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was reading the label last night and it said it can be added to drinking water - would that be safe for the girls? Or is it best to give it to them via syringe?

The vet comes Tuesday (finally!) and she told me to give them this, but not any details. And of course first time using this product. I cannot wait till all the newness is over and I've had the girls for so long that I have used and have everything (or nearly) they need!

Kelly

·
Super Moderator
58,860 Posts
If you have a coccidia problem, you need to drench each goat individually. That is the only way to be guaranteed that they get the correct dosage.

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
I always suggest giving it orally to each goat daily for 5 days, 1 x a day. \
This insures they all are dosed properly.
If you add it to their drinking water, not all will drink proper amounts to achieve the same effect.

·
Super Moderator
58,860 Posts
That 21 day preventative course leads to more resistance. The 21 day course is meant to be put in their drinking water and you hope they drink enough to get proper dosage. Just do the regular 5 day course using the proper dosage for the 5 day course.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts