The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cosby is my daughter's Boer X doe. Cosby lives at the high school farm. We'd been out there all Sunday, the 20th helping a sickly doe with her triplets.

We hadn't noticed Cosby acting any differently from usual. We didn't know what date Cosby was bred, so we were just guessing when she'd kid. I thought it would be on the 22nd (my daughter's 15th birthday) or the 29th.

Cosby had other plans. She didn't look like she was in labor. None of the signs we expected.

She kidded right before sunset that same day. My husband and I thought we had all kinds of time to rush home and get the kidding kit, but in the 20 minutes we were gone, Cosby had both her girls :girl: :girl:

My daughter was there at the school with her teacher and delivered both the girls. Cosby is a first freshener and we didn't know how she'd be as a mom, but she did everything that she needed to do.

Cosby even had to get down on the ground and put her whole head into the barrel where the babies were warming up to keep an eye on them. What a good mom.

Thanks for sharing in our excitement.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: Cosby Kidded! *Large Photos in this Message*

Congratulations, Glad everything when smoothly. Goat kids are cute and colorful. Your DD is beautiful. She looks very proud and happy. Shelly

·
Registered
736 Posts

Congrats! Tell your daughter she did great.

I love the picture with momma's head in the barrel ... what a great momma! :)

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts

Congratulations! I hope mama improves since she was not good before the delivery, your daughter is pretty and the darkness of the cute lil' baby she's holding really brings out the color of her eyes! Hope all goes well with these babies.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts

oh my what cuties!!! your daugher must be proud :greengrin:

You just never know with those First Freshioners but oh I love it when they surprise us with their mothing abilities and instincts.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
OOHHHH, Cosby is being such a good mom, I love the way she is checking on the babies. That is wonderful. Congratulations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts