Cosby Kidded!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by tremayne, Apr 26, 2008.

1. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Cosby is my daughter's Boer X doe. Cosby lives at the high school farm. We'd been out there all Sunday, the 20th helping a sickly doe with her triplets.

We hadn't noticed Cosby acting any differently from usual. We didn't know what date Cosby was bred, so we were just guessing when she'd kid. I thought it would be on the 22nd (my daughter's 15th birthday) or the 29th.

Cosby had other plans. She didn't look like she was in labor. None of the signs we expected.

[​IMG]

She kidded right before sunset that same day. My husband and I thought we had all kinds of time to rush home and get the kidding kit, but in the 20 minutes we were gone, Cosby had both her girls :girl: :girl:
    [​IMG]

My daughter was there at the school with her teacher and delivered both the girls. Cosby is a first freshener and we didn't know how she'd be as a mom, but she did everything that she needed to do.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cosby even had to get down on the ground and put her whole head into the barrel where the babies were warming up to keep an eye on them. What a good mom.

[​IMG]
    Thanks for sharing in our excitement.

2. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Re: Cosby Kidded! *Large Photos in this Message*

Congratulations, Glad everything when smoothly. Goat kids are cute and colorful. Your DD is beautiful. She looks very proud and happy. Shelly

3. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008

Congrats! Tell your daughter she did great.

I love the picture with momma's head in the barrel ... what a great momma! :)

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Congratulations! I hope mama improves since she was not good before the delivery, your daughter is pretty and the darkness of the cute lil' baby she's holding really brings out the color of her eyes! Hope all goes well with these babies.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh my what cuties!!! your daugher must be proud :greengrin:

You just never know with those First Freshioners but oh I love it when they surprise us with their mothing abilities and instincts.

6. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    VERY cute! Love the idea of the heat lamp area for the babies!

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OOHHHH, Cosby is being such a good mom, I love the way she is checking on the babies. That is wonderful. Congratulations.