Cost me $189 but it was funny....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by enjoytheride, Mar 3, 2008.

1. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Dottie, my boer doe with the awful bumps that keep coming back, went back to the vet today as she had a bad bump breakout on Saturday. The vet decided to do a couple of punch biopsies and send it to Davis.
    Well she did a local then started to take the biopsies. The spots chosen for the biopsy were on the tail base to one side. The vet said that it would only take a minute.
    But guess what happens when you touch a goats tail, who is being held against a wall and is not a happy camper as her owner holds her collar and her tail at the same time. Her tail wags at 200 miles per hour.
    So 20 minutes later the vet finally got the biospies and had put a stitch in each spot. She kept saying that it would help if she would just hold her tail still. Wag wag wag til the tail's a blur. Her last comment was that she thought it would be easy. Ah the tales of the goat...........

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    EASY? Who ever said doing some things with a goat was easy doesn't know goats very well do they?

Please let us know what the outcome is.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    At least she just wags her tail, my does will run for it if you touch theirs :lol:

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Haha so do mine, if you even think about touching their tail they are half way to china!

5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I had a buck that if you touched his tail he would growl and run after you.... :ROFL:

6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Well Dottie would have certianly run like a deer had she not been held by her mom-she basically could only go a few inches or so- oh the indignity of it all. I told the vet before she started that I would shave the tail- she said no but everytime she brushed a tail hair, the tail wagged like an egg beater.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thats FUNNY!! Hope you get some answers as to what the infliction may be...and I hope your vet doesn't need to be "fanned" again!