The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe has been tested for all the diseases. She has been tested and treated for worms. She has had this cough for a few months and I gave her penicillian for ten days about three weeks ago. Still coughing and now I heard another start today. No fever and seems healthy otherwise. Eating good and not sluggish. Help.

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
My doe was coughing and I thought it may be allergies. I kept an eye on her and she got worse so I treated her with Tylan200 for 5 days and she's no longer coughing. I'm not sure how good penicillin is at treating respiratory issues.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No only penicillin. Would not say hay is dusty. Its been raining here nearly every day. Keeping their Barned cleaned out with new hay bedding every week. They are out to a big pasture during the day when not raining with just tall grass. I can try the other stuff y'all mentioned.

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
what was she wormed with ..lung worms wil cause couphing and would account for others begining..detectons of lung worms need a Bearman fecal meathod...a regular fecal will not show lung worms....
ivomec 1 cc per 40# injected 3 times ten days apart then once again in 30 days...

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
there are some worms that deposit larve instead of eggs, like lung worms..a regular fecal will not see them the Baerman techneque will look for the larve...
To get lung worms, Ivomec is the best wormer. I would do this sub q as mentioned above...1 cc per 40# 3x 10 days apart then once in 30 days..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks I put her on strong antibiotic and wormed her with ivemec(sp). That should take care if both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts