The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple goats that I can not get to quit coughing. This started over the long nasty winter. None of them coughed before hand.

All goats are eating / drinking / acting normal. Dry cough (like hacking up a fur ball) chest sounds clear. No occular or nasal discharge.

Do not have temps.

Gum color and eye lid color good.

Treated with Ivomec plus injection 5 weeks ago.

What would you all reccomend???? :shrug: :shrug:

I changed hay thinking that it might be dust from the hay - but I just changed it the last couple weeks.

Thanks
Allison

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I don't have any experience giving it SQ.

I don't ask my vet about it because they only go with what is "approved" for goats. :roll:

I have been giving mine 1cc per 20lbs, some give it 1cc per 50lbs orally.

This whole worming thing gets me ready to -> :hair:

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't worm unless neccesary usually, but I thought that I better becuase of the few coughing so I thought the plus was in order just in case..... i really wonder if it is allergies since it is not all of them it is my herd sire, one doe, and one wether.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Lung worms are bad here. Does it sound like they are caughing something up? If you suspect lungworms worm them three times ten days apart. With Ivomec.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Funny you ask that. I asked the same thing, and people told me it was fine. I didn't do it though since my doe was SOOO close to kidding I just wormed her right after.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok thanks - didn't know to do the injection again after the original - my stupidity!

I have to do all the hooves, blood draws, and what not this weekend, so I will do the ivormectin again at the same time.

I want to get everyones blood testing all on the same day - so my goaties are going to hate me this weekend - but I have lots of treats :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
lol- I've always thought it best to do all the unpleaseant things at once to my girls- if they are going to be upset with me for something, they don't seem to be any more upset about three unpleasant things rather than one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts