The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just came back from fair the goats were fine and healthy now they are coughing and have goo in the nose now and then and gooey eyes now and then temps are running 101 to 101.9 what should I do I gave them all shipping meds when we went to fair. It seems to be spreading any help would be great. Thank you very worried goat
Mom

·
Registered
30,643 Posts
I would keep a close eye on temps and have antibiotics handing if you need them...
in the mean time B complex should help them recover from the stress of the fair...Probiotics can be helpful as well. Plenty of Clean water or electrolytes to keep hydrated..

·
Registered
86 Posts
It is probably something viral, but just in case, I would start them on an antibiotic. Do you have any at home? Also make sure that they continue eating and I would start giving them electrolytes as well.

This is pretty much my first course of action whenever something like that happens at my place :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gave a couple of the babies that were close to running a temp 1 1/2 cc of B complex vitamins and put electrolytes in water they are eating and moving around fine.
The only antibiotic I have is penicillin should I have something else on hand other than that?
Thank you for your help

·
Registered
30,643 Posts
Tylan 200 would be a better choice for Upper resp. Infection..1 cc per 25 pounds every 12 hours for five full days..normal temp range is 101.5-103.5..so far from your first post they are all within normal range.... but this can change pretty quickly..if you only have Pen and fevers spike..the get started with it at 1 cc per 20 # sub Q..be careful to pull back the plunger ..see no blood your good to go..if you see blood re adjust and try again ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts