The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new at raising goats and my 3 month old boer doe is coughing I don't know if I should leave it alone or if i should do something it's starting to worry me:(

·
Registered
31,029 Posts
When does she cough? after eating or running or just whenever? Does she have fever? runny nose or eyes? is she eating drinking peeing and pooping all well..active, bright eye and alert??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When does she cough? after eating or running or just whenever? Does she have fever? runny nose or eyes? is she eating drinking peeing and pooping all well..active, bright eye and alert??
She coughs at random times no fever or other symptoms she plays fine

·
Registered
31,029 Posts
Lung worms can cause coughing...Goathiker shared how to test...take some fresh poop and wrap in a piece of gauze, she said like a really gross hershy kiss lol...set that in a cup of water for 6 hours...she said lung worm larve will float or swim on the top...:D I would def. check to see if this is her problem, Valbazen is a good wormer for lung worms...allergies can cause coughing too..benadryl works great for allergies..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lung worms can cause coughing...Goathiker shared how to test...take some fresh poop and wrap in a piece of gauze, she said like a really gross hershy kiss lol...set that in a cup of water for 6 hours...she said lung worm larve will float or swim on the top...:D I would def. check to see if this is her problem, Valbazen is a good wormer for lung worms...allergies can cause coughing too..benadryl works great for allergies..
Thanks ill try this and see if this was her problem

·
14,615 Posts
Great info!! Thank you both.

Mine cough every now & then, after eating, sometimes after running.
What I listen for is coughing when they are just laying around, not active.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts