Could it be?????

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Jan 23, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I was browsing Craigslist like I always do and came across an add for Reg Mytonics..... I opened it up and look what I saw!!!!

It's Joe Dirt's LONG LOST BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

So anyway, come to find out the lady that owns/is selling the mytonics is the lady whose house I am going to to do some services for this afternoon! I am so stoked!

So then of course, reading the ad, I started inquiring about the ones that she had for sale. She has this doe for sale with Blue Eyes that caught my eye -

[​IMG]

She said we could talk, but she would be willing to trade services - AGHHHHHH :GAAH: :GAAH: Someone stop me!!!!!!!

2. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    You go girl! :ROFL:

Sorry, this is the wrong place to be asking for someone to stop you. By the way, stop you from what? :ROFL:

3. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    My hubby threatens to ban me from Craigslist for reasons like this one. :greengrin: :thumbup:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    My husband doesn't know :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

So I am going to look at everyone today, take pictures, and then decide if I want a mytonic or if I want the cash -

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I can not change (goatie addiction)
    courage to change the things I can; (who would want to)
    and wisdom to know the difference. (there is a difference???)

5. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Haha, yeah you're definitely in the wrong place if you want people to stop you. :p I know I keep wanting to buy more goats when Ken and I need to wait till after kidding to sell off a good chunk of the does. Bad me has been inquiring about this gorgeous fullblood Boer doe though.

I'm sure you'll figure things out. That doe is gorgeous though.

6. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    :cool: Allison is getting more goats!!!

hehehehe.... As I already told you... I say if you like them then go for it! :wink: Fainters are SO MUCH FUN!!! :leap:

7. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Poor Kelebek with extreme addiction is in reality calling out for help! And what do you tell her? Go for it.
    What kind of goat freaks are we? The only kind we are.
    Kelebek GO for it!!! :stars:

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ok....I can just picture you with a "falling down goat" :ROFL:

10. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    OOO.... I didn't think of it that way.... the poor goat!!! :sigh:

:ROFL: hehehehe just kidding Allison! Can't you just picture her out there chasing it going "BOO!" :ROFL:

11. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Montana
    Cute goat. I managed to sneak a yearling Nubian into my herd without hubby realizing I'd gotten another goat. She's out of my friend's $2400 spotlight sale Saada doe and my buck. She's brown like most of my goats, so it was easier to sneak her in. He caught me with the other one I got because she's spotted. She's out of another of my bucks. No more buying goats for me for a while. We'll have plenty more when the girls start to kid. Too bad most of you fellow goat addicts don't live closer. I'll have lots of goaties for sale come kidding time. Good Nubian bloodlines, too.

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, I went out to the place and did my work. I looked at the does and although the one in the picture above was just beautiful - something in my gut told me not to do it. She was real skiddish - yet didn't "faint" she had blue eyes, but very light - almost marbled. But the thing that kind of threw me - was the coat almost seemed cashmere..... it was weird.

The older one that is bred - she was a doll - real social - didn't faint - but would freeze in a corner. She looked alot like the one above - but HUGE! Her back legs didn't seem right either. I guess last kidding she had quads and 2 were still born. She is due March/April - but I just couldn't bring myself to even get my camera to take pictures, so I knew that I wasn't all that interested.

The buck was hilarious though - I LOVED his hair. He had NO manners what so ever - but really nice looking.

13. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Awww....that's to bad, I was expecting you'd come home with a few. :ROFL: But that's great that you followed your gut feeling, there's a good reason you felt that way, even if you don't know what it was. Good for you!

14. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Yep! Following your gut is ALWAYS the right thing to do :thumb:

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Adult Fainting goats dont fall over, they just stiffen and stand still -- some though will walk even with their stiff legs. So thats why you didnt see her faint.

16. DopeyOpie

DopeyOpie New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Canada
    That's too bad you didn't come home with any! That buck is hilarious, I love him :greengrin:

17. Casi

Casi New Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Sorry, but I have been reading the postings and I have to interject....so this is an addiction that I have. I am a newbie....have just 3 so far and I have been having this compelling feeling to check out Craigslist.....I WANT MORE! Two is company and three is a crowd. Poor Little Prince doesn't have anyone to cuddle with (I tell myself). :leap: They are so precious! I never thought I could get so hooked. I lie in bed at night though and think about what I'm going to go thru this summer.....trying to keep them out of my flowers. I also love to have pretty flowers. This winter we let the "kids" out to run around the place. They can't really get into too much trouble right now. They are going to be really disappointed when I have to start putting Princess on the long line!
    The funny thing about the whole deal is that I didn't want any goats to begin with. My daughter bought the first one at a horse sale for her step-dad for Father's day and I had a fit the whole time she was bidding! Now we have 3 and I'm NUTSO!
    :leap:

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    oh hunny - the addiction has just begun - wait till you start breeding and they kid out - that is when you will be really "screwed" :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I started with 4 - then up to 25 within a year - down to about 15 - now back up to 20 with 15 being does and either pregnant now or soon to be!

19. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Gee Kelebek you need help bad....unfortunelty I have no answers.
    I started with four, now have 11 i think...reasons are compelling; those two yrling sisters cant go anywhere, that one has to stay....
    Dont get me wrong I have sold goats but you know there's some preggos out there they cant go anywhere either.

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    hehehe - nancy - I am thinking about selling a couple adults off this year - but just can't seem to find the ones I want to - as you said, always something!!!