The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I banded my withers about 1 1/2 months ago. For one of them it didn't go so so good, like it is just kind of dried up(it is like barley hanging on). I expected it to fall off way sooner,but it is still barley hanging there. So yesterday he was trying to mount all my does. Is there any way that he could still impregnate them? I just got my herd the way I like it, I just hope you can't be able to breed them! What do you think??

·
14,615 Posts
Shriveled & hanging by a thread=no way.;)
My boys still mount each other after a few months of being done.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
How old was he when you banded him? As long as you made sure both testicals were in the band, he cannot breed.

·
1,524 Posts
Within a few hours of applying the band, the circulation is cut off so none of the "swimmers" can escape. The testes are dead and unable to make new sperm because there is no blood supply getting to it.

Even if you messed up and one teste is retained in the abdomen, chances are he will be sterile. Body heat kills sperm. They cannot live inside the bucks body, that's why testicles hang down and can move up and down as the tmp changes. In the hot months, those danglies can really stretch farrrr away from the body! If a buck has a high fever, most will be sterile for a couple of weeks afterwards because the heat killed the sperm.

A crypto can be so very annoying because they will still be a buck, but they are sterile if the teste is fully encased in the abdomen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts