Could not be happier!!!

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by kelebek, Aug 25, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I just got news that my very first registered Nigierian Dwarf home bred doeling took Grand Champion at the fair!!! I am so super excited!!!

Faith will be showing Impala again tomorrow in the ring with everyone of all ages with Nigerians. Faith is 7 years old, I think - Wish her luck!!!!

I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats ........... :leap: :wahoo:
    Good luck ..Faith...on your show tomorrow with Impala .... :wink: :greengrin:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats very exciting ---- congrats

4. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Way to go Impala! And what an experience for Faith! :thumb: :thumb:

5. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    You should be proud! Congratulations!!!!!! :cool:

6. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    As I told you on the phone earlier.... that is AWESOME!!!! :leap: :hug: Congrats!!!!!! :stars:

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That's great!!! :D I won my first Grand at the fair when I was I think 10? It is VERY exciting!

Anyway congrats! :stars:

Oh, and was Impala a Joe baby?

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yes, Impala is my Joe Dirt daughter that I was going to keep. She is the only living doeling from Joe Dirt.

The show is an ADGA show and the judges were ewwing and awing over here when they did their barn walk through and then in the ring, Impala and Faith both were the youngest in the ring (Impala is an April doeling) and they said that she met every criteria for the ND breed standard!!!! She did have a little bit of a hay belly, but as soon as I get the pics I will upload.

This was the Under 8 year old showmanship class - and today she will compete against everyone - so I don't think she gets a leg for her win yesterday, but I am so proud of them both!!!!!

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Now I am upset -

Just got a text from the mother of the little girl that is showing Impala. I guess the judge is just down right rude and everyone is very upset with her. I guess she told them that Impala was "to dairy" and that she needed to "be fed more"...... yet she took Grand Champ by a different judge yesterday and they were all ewing and awing about her - I am so upset! They put little Impala last....... but she is the youngest one in the 2 and under never freshened class (born April 09)

10. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    ooo... I am so sorry Allison.... sounds like that judge had an attitude problem! :hug:

11. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Allison: I will PM you in a second...;)

I am very sorry for this judge's behavior. That's inappropriate. :( That is too bad. Some people...

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    TO DAIRY???? ok that is NOT an AGS or ADGA judge because they would know that a nigerian dwarf goat is a DAIRY goat LOL and that "dairy characteristic" is actually looked for and especially encouraged in the breed.

Dont take it to heart my little Ziva didnt place in one show then she beat out all the others and placed 1st. Ashley had a buck go Grand Champion only to have another judge say he didnt meat breed standard LOL its crazy

I take it this was a 4H show? No legs on won via 4H but if shown in a AGS or ADGA sanctioned show then the legs can be won

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Unfortunatly this is an ADGA show, so we were really hoping for a leg for Impala - but that is ok - it is good experience for Faith and Impala both.... I am just a little disheartened

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok thats REALLY strange. I wouldnt take it to heart though -- remember a judge is only human and honestly there is SO MUCH politics that can be associated with showing you just have to keep sticking your head out and not be afraid to get it chopped off from time to time. Its humbling but :shrug: eh I still love it so I cant complain to much.

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I've never heard of a judge saying a goat is too dairy. Usually they are way too over conditioned here.

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    but see "Dairy" isn't an over conditioned thing. Its actual structure -- you can see it better when a doe isn't over conditioned but its still there if they have it. And when a doe isn't over conditioned she can still be lacking in dairy character. So her comment makes no sense to me :scratch: I'm still confused

YOU WANT DAIRY CHARACTER!!! Ok thats enough of my rantings :oops:

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yah, that was everyone's question - how can she be "to dairy"? Hopefully next show there will be a different judge :)

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ