The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought this goat, I was told she was due 6-24. However the other goats that I bought at the same time had due dates that were way off, so I think the woman was not sure of the dates. Katy looks HUGE to me what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Her vulva looks to be pretty loose. How are her ligaments? My guess would be a single birth as well, she's not very big.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Is she an FF or has she kidded before? If she's an FF she should be due within the next month since she's bagging up. If she's kidded before she's due fairly soon, experienced does bag up much closer to delivery ;) All does are different though, usually you can't judge solely on the size of a does belly, she has an undetermined amount and size of kids, so size doesn't really matter lol. Basically you have to pay attention to her ligs, her udder, and her behavior to determine when she'll kid. Good luck and happy kidding!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That Miss Poit must be some kind of record! Her belly is almost touching the ground. Poor thing!
Yes it is her first time, so maybe her due date is correct....
Also her ligaments seem looser than a few days ago but I may be imagining it. Do the ligaments get loose all at once or over a few days?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts