The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 3.5 year old Saanen doe has two areas, one on each side of her udder, with small pustules. They are near where the front of the udder meets the abdomen. They are both about a 3-4 inch diameter area of slightly inflamed skin with multiple, small pustules (none larger than a pencil eraser) overlying the area. The pustules resemble blisters, but are filled with a white pus. There are no Lumps or abscesses under the affected areas. She is eating very well and milk has not fallen off at all. No fever, worm counts are low normal and stools are normal, no anemia. She acts playful, very happy goat. No sores on mouth or nose, etc. she came for a certified CL free herd. I suspect staph, but am unsure why she has it if that is correct. Have any of you ever seen this type of thing on a goat? Thanks, Kevin

·
1,147 Posts

·
1,147 Posts
You are most welcome. :)
I hope she clears up for you as nicely as mine did for me! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Abra,

What antibiotic did you get from your friend? I'm assuming you're speaking of an injectable?

Also, I have not been able to find neomycin cream; the Walgreens I went to today only had ointment. May try that applied very thinly if I cannot find the lotion tomorrow.

Thanks again; before I got your response, I had applied NuStock to it, a product I've used on various animals. It actually seems to be drying it up fairly well, but I am going to go ahead and drain any remaining pustules tomorrow and use the products you recommended.

Kevin

·
1,147 Posts
I got the Neospirin Lotion at Walmart, but I got the generic, Walmart brand...
The antibiotic I used was Biomycin. I have since purchased it from Jeffers to have available on hand at all times.

The Gold-Bond Medicated powder I also found at Walmart. I think that is what helped a lot too, because it helps keep the area dry, and the menthol in it made it less likely that she would mess with the area. (I noticed my girls are NOT fond of menthol!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts