Could somebody please tell me more about ADGA's ETA #s ?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by MiddleRiver, Apr 11, 2009.

1. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    So i just read everything i could find and i'm still confused i'd really like to know what the ETA #'s mean, and what is the best #'s and the worst.

I'm looking at my new buckling's planned pedigree on ADGA ( going to send in papers, just waiting on some more so i can send them all in at once ), and it's saying at the top under "planned breeding ETA " ETA 21: 39 and ETA 12: 100 - so what does this mean ? Are his numbers good or bad ? Thanks !

2. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I have absolutely no idea, sorry :?

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about this particular area will be able to help out, I'm interested to learn too.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I think sparks879 might know how ETAs work, ETA stands for Expected Transmitting Abillity(I think?) It has to do with records of basically everybody in the animals family put together to calculate ETA. I'm not positive how it works, sorry.

4. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Thanks you two, it's pretty darn confusing to me thats for sure. It made me wonder as i saw a 2009 buckling advertized saying he will be elligible for the young sire development program and and then showed his #s, so got me wondering what my boy's are and if he will be ellig. or if his #s are good/bad.

Where are you Beth ???? LOL ! Thanks and Happy Easter !