Could someone help explain Boer goat shows?

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by RollingHillsBoers, Apr 22, 2010.

1. RollingHillsBoers

RollingHillsBoers New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    NW North Dakota
    Hi all, I have some questions about Boer goat shows….There is a committee of individuals in our area putting on a junior livestock show. How does a person go about having a sanctioned Boer goat show? :chin: I am still unclear about ABGA, USBGA, and IBGA. If you have an ABGA show…can you show animals registered under USBGA or IBGA? Do you have to hire an ABGA judge or are there USBGA judges and IBGA judges as well? Can anyone clear this up for me?? Why are there so many groups???? :scratch:
    Thanks!

2. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    I just talked to a girl who came and tattooed my babies for me. She said that the USBGA actually sued the ABGA for not accepting their papers, and WON. So the ABGA accepts USBGA papers now, not sure about IBGA. I don't know why there are so many groups, but I figure the A/USBGA thing is a politic issue.

Someone who knows more will be in shortly, I'm sure :)

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Yeah, you'll need to contact the association that your goats are in and set up a show, ABGA and USBGA accept each others papers now, but I'm fairly sure that judges need to be with whatever asso. theyre showing in

4. RollingHillsBoers

RollingHillsBoers New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    NW North Dakota
    All of ours are registered through IBGA...my thoughts at the time were that "international" would be better?! Anyone know more about whether IBGA is accepted at ABGA or USBGA shows?

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    IBGA and USBGA are affiliated I think