Could use some thoughts ....

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, Dec 6, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    OK, so I am at the ranch today trying to finish my work for finals in college next week. DH went to town to take my SS to Young Marines and then to our business in the next town to do some work.

I get a call from DH about 12:00 saying that he just received a call from his sister saying that their mother fell and shattered her ankle up in the hills of the tree farms trying to cut a Christmas tree down. She is in her 60's. And just yesterday my DH was telling his father that he didn't think that it was a good idea that they were going up - for this very reason.

I asked if he wanted me to come to town and get my SS and go to the parent meeting so that he could go to the hospital with his mother. He said no that everyone was already there and that she was in x-ray, but if she was going to be taken straight to surgery, we would go up tommorrow, as she is going to be out of it. So ok - no problem.

Now I just got a call from my SD (3:30) saying that my DH's brother's girlfriend (who we will just refer to as SIL) was at the hospital with my BIL and when they were wheeling my MIL to surgery to pin her foot, my SIL passed out cold. She was shaking so bad, they could not get an IV in her and they are taking her to CAT Scan.

Needless to say - there is NO WAY IN H#** they are getting me to go to that hospital. I will see her when she comes home in a couple days! I hate hospitals as it is.

But can you imagine, breaking your ankle and as you are literally being wheeled off for surgery you see a family member pass out on the floor and there is nothing that you can do ....

So just some good thoughts for my family would be great. Hopefully I don't get another call here shortly - as you know everything happens in 3's.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I will pray for your family...
    I am so sorry :( . :pray:

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm so sorry to hear about this, prayers coming your way :hug: :pray:

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ouch! :hug: :pray:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Wow Allison...that's terrible news...you are in my thots and prayers as well as DH. :hug:

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I just talked to DH about 1 hour ago and he was at the hospital and was waiting for his mom to come out of surgery. SIL is fine. They said that she passed out because she hadn't really eaten since yesterday and she had a lot of stress yesterday and then with this - she was done for.

DH is supposed to call me when they get my MIL in a room and situated.

7. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Oh Allison.. I am so sorry about everything, but am glad to here that things are going ok now :hug: Keep us posted!! I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts!

8. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wow Allison. That is kinda freaky.. gives me chills down my back. I hope the only call you get are ones stating that everything is ok.

9. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    God's Blessings from Ny to Idaho

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh gosh, that sounds so scary. Sending good thoughts and prayers for you and your family. God bless. :hug:

11. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Hope your MIL/SIL's OK this morning! It's hard for us "old timers" to actually admit we are getting to old to do everything we used to do. Sorry, after all those years of taking our kids to the hospital for those "accidents" it's your turn to watch out for us! :ROFL:

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW. All over a Christmas tree. that is why I use fake ones. (haha). No really Alison, i hope everyone is fine.
    Prayers to all for a speedy recovery.

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thank you everyone!! MIL was sent home from the hospital yesterday late afternoon. She is doing well and says there is really no pain - however, they wanted her to give herself a shot once a day for medication to prevent blood clots - but she just couldn't do it so my SIL is going to go over daily to give them to her.

We also sent my SD over there to stay for a couple weeks to take care of her and help her out.

My SIL that passed out is fine. They said her glucose levels were down - but she just needs to eat more.

Thanks again everyone!!!