Could you wonderful Alpine people take a look at these does-

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by MiddleRiver, Dec 4, 2007.

1. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Well since the other two does won't work out for me - i found these two - i would only be able to afford one, and if they aren't going to be great for my herd i will continue my search.

They are both bred to this buck - http://www.adgagenetics.org/SireDetail. ... A001427776 POPLAR HILLS MUSCAT CHAOTIC

Doe # 1 - Coulee Acres Basilar Eclipse -darker doe
    "Eclipse" Due: APRIL 19th, 2008
    Purebred French Alpine - A1373069
    Born: 4-18-06
    Sire: Sunshine Bobbic Basilar +B
    SS: SG Sunshine Conina Condaor +B
    SD: SG Sunshine Reprise Bobbic 10*M
    Dam: Sunshine Sacrament Fantasia
    DS: SG Sunshine Seigi Sacrament
    DD: Sunshine Schwarzee Frenno 5*M

07 - MN State Fair: 4th Sr. Yearling Doe - Dry
    07 - WI State Fair: Champion Sr. Yearling Doe - Dry
    06 - WI State Fair: 2nd Alpine Jr. Kid

Doe #2 - Coulee Acres Basilar Cocopuff - lighter doe

"Satin" (my absolute favorite!) Due: MARCH 13th, 2008

American Alpine - AA1371148

Born: 4-16-06
    Sire: Sunshine Bobbic Basilar +B
    SS: SG Sunshine Conina Condaor +B
    SD: SG Sunshine Reprise Bobbic 10*M
    Dam: Stork's Oak Springs Destiny
    DS: SG Sunshine Maron Martin +*B ` has produced MANY BDIS
    DD: Storks Oak Springs Gingerbread

I really like the sounds of both of them - they can be seen on the website of this breeder - http://xtraordindairy.tripod.com/ I hope they are as good as i think - i like them :+) Let me know what you think - THANKS AGAIN !!!

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    I like Eclipse better, she has a longer more elegant neck. And they both have a little bit of steep rumps but Eclipse's is more level.

3. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    They are both very nice does. True, Eclipse has a longer, more feminine neck, but I think I would lean towards Satin. She looks wider. The picture really isn't from a good angle. Satin also looks a bit on the chubby side, but if she were a good weight she might look a whole lot better than Eclipse. It's really a hard choice, though, because they are both really nice. You might just have to go with your favorite temperment or color.

4. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Sara - i like her better too - I like them both, but Eclipse catches my eye more then the other doe, and her due date would work better for me ( April instead of Mar. ). I'm also wondering on if they will cross nice with my buck, and just be a good addition to my herd as well - but i think they are pretty :+) Thanks !

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I disagree I think both does have nice rumps, not steep at all.

I think either are over all nice in build but as to crossing with your buck that I wouldn't know since pedigrees are not my thing

6. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Thanks you guys ! I don't know who i would choose - thats why i'm asking for the input - well that and i'm new and need help from others so i know weather or not they are nice enough :+)

Eclipse is priced higher, and due in April ( which is easier for me ) and i really like her color just a bit more then Satin. But, Satin is priced lower ( which will really keep me in the good graces of the hubby), however due in March, not a big deal as i already have one due then but not as easy. I like the way she looks too as well.

I was given a price for both of them as well, i think i may have to try and see if i can afford it AND talk DH into it as well, but i'm sure i will just have to pick one :+(

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hey I would at least try, worst he can do is say no.

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Neither of the pictures are good ones, which can be hard. Personally i like Eclipse better, her rump is a littler steeper, but neither doe is set up properly, their rear legs are stretched too far behind them. Eclipse has a longer neck, she is a longer bodied doe with a prettier head and more shapely ears. She looks like she is the taller of the two does and is going to stay that way. Her cannons are longer then satins. Satin apears to have straighter front legs then eclipse, but that could be the angle of the picture. Both does apear to toe in a tadbit, but again could be the way they are set up. Satin is a deeper bodied doe, but i like the more open and dairy look that eclipse has. Both of these does are pictured as dry yearlings, and to me eclipse looks more feminine.
    Eclipse is priced higher because she is the nicer of the two does.
    beth

9. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i have to go with eclipse also. most of my reasons are the same as beth. i do like her neck a lot better & the blend of shoulder. it is hard because neither one of them are set up good. i did a pedagree search on both & there lines are very simalar. they are both nice does but there is some thing about eclipse that i like better. you can do a search on the ADGA site to see how they will cross with the buck that you like.

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Sunshine has nice animals, that is Considine's herd :)

I couldn't get the page to load though, I'll try later :roll:

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

fritsie, we seem to agree a lot and have very similar tastes in the type of goats we like, even though we raise two different breeds. I tend to be very picky about the goats i buy.
    beth

12. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    No, you both raise Alpines. =)

13. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

ah yes we do, i got my people mixed up, i thought she had nigies. Did you find a buck to fill the place yet fritzie, or am i getting mixed up again?

beth

14. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    :lol: beth we do seem to like the same type. yup i raise alpines her in tn for show & breeding. i think you have me mixed up again because i have 3 bucks so not looking for one right now. i use to have lamancha's but went down to just those crazy alpines. i just love them.

15. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Yes, i have had lamanchas, nubians lived with nigerians. and been around about every other breed. The alpines will always be my number one....
    beth

16. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    beth that is how i feel. i started out with alpines then i got saanens,then went back to just alpines. thought i would give it one more try so got the lamancha's. but my first & true love is the alpine. i don't know why but i just love those fools.

17. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I don't know either, i dont know about your herd but nothing is ever goof enough for my alpines, i was trying to feed a little quicker last night so pulled three does out at once instead of the usually two. Cally and Ruby were somewhat near eachother, cally came out first and then ruby, the minute ruby went for HER bucket cally not only had to defend her own dinner but poor rubys dinner as well. So then ruby in turn went over to steal poor jujus dinner, and juju was ona milk stand so couldn't do much about defending her meal. AH why do i do it? I think i love all the crazy antics....
    By the way what happened to your doe Ms. linda? she was by far my favorite on your site. Do you know how to contact the people who have her now?
    beth

18. sparks879

sparks879 New Member